Thursday, January 21, 2010

Spanish Overload

Hola todos! I have only been here 4 days, but it seems soooo much longer than that! I am on Spanish overload for sure. It is kind of funny because I feel like I am ALWAYS lost here and ALWAYS confused because there is Spanish everywhere :-) I'm sure it all comes with time, but the roads here are super confusing, so a map doesn't really help. It's hard too, because I can barely follow a map anyway, so I am convinced I will probably just wander around until I find a familiar road :-) It is really new and exciting to be living in a city too! I'm not used to walking around so much. I would say that I walk about 3-4 miles a day to and from the Universidad and the study center, so I'm hoping to stay in shape from all of the walking :-) I just moved in with my Senora yesterday, so I am trying to adjust to living in someone else's house. I am living in an apartment building with my senora, an older woman, and her 28 year old daughter. The apartment is kind of small, with only one floor, but it is sufficient and I have my own room and my own bathroom, which I love. Everything is so different here though! I had to be shown how to do pretty much everything, from flushing the toilet to opening the door! You would be surprised how hard it is to unlock and open the apartment doors here! Hahaha! I think my Senora had to show me like 3 times how to do it. I felt so stupid! She is really nice though and she makes me really good food :-) As far as the food goes here, I have really liked everything I have eaten, but the eating schedule is much different here. We eat lunch at 2:30 in the afternoon and then eat dinner at 9 pm or later. It's really nice now, because I haven't started my classes yet, so I am just relaxing at a cafe here because I don't have internet at my homestay. The weather has been nice here too, though you wouldn't think that because the Sevillanas are wearing winter coats. Well, I should probably be off, but I hope you enjoyed the post! Oh, and don't forget to read the new things I learned :-)

Lesson #3: The cars, vespas, and bicycles are CRAZY here! I'm pretty much convinced that they drive wherever they want, whether it is a road or not. I could be walking on what I think is a sidewalk, but a car will be driving on it and honking for me to get out of the way :-)

Lesson #4: There are definitely so very attractive Spanish men here, but don't worry mom and dad, I won't find a boy here and never return to the States :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment