Goodness! Another full week has passed and I'm not sure where it went. I'm all moved in and settled with my new family and I absolutely LOVE them! I am in WAY over my head all the time with all of the spanish, but my new family actually includes me in things, invites me out, and talks with me more. It's bad in a way, because I really, really have to focus ALL the time in order to understand, but I think it will definitely help to improve my Spanish. My new Senora is amazing and great and buys me all this food to try. She's a great cook too! The only thing is that they always want me to eat more! I just don't eat as much as they put on my plate. I now have a 21 year old sister, who is also great, and who tries to talk to me (tries being the key word because I can barely understand the think accent here). It was super fun because I went out on Monday night with my Senora, my sister, and her boyfriend to a bar. And even my senora stays up later than I do! Haha! On Friday I went out with them for tapas (appetizers that people eat for dinner). They brought me back to the house around 2, but I heard them still up at 4 a.m! How crazy! There is never a lack of entertainment here between the dog (super cute), my great Senora, and the neighbor that lives across the hall who visits. Let me just say that she is a ball of fire! I think she is so great because is dramatic and uses big gestures to be funny. I truly hope that I can be such a hoot when I'm older :-) Anyway, the house is great.
This past week completed my intensive Spanish class. My regular semester classes will start this week. Ugghhh! I'm kind of dreading the whole class thing. We didn't have class on Friday, but we still had to go to this super boring orientation thing (which I almost fell asleep at), but then I got to go shopping! Yay! I had my final for the class on Saturday. Hopefully I did well! We'll see :-) So, funny story. After my exam on Saturday, me and two friends went shopping (I know, lots of shopping). We stopped in Plaza San Salvador, which is the biggest hangout place here. Pretty much everyone comes to this plaza during the afternoon to drink and hang out in groups outside. We were just standing around talking and these two drunk guys come over and start talking to us! They spoke pretty good English, but it was basically a hilarious conversation. All we could do was laugh at them because they were already SOOOO drunk and it was only like 6 pm. Only in Spain! Today has been pretty chilax because I woke up like SUPER late. Then I watched a movie with my sister and then went to Encounter church again. I'm super blessed to have found such a great church, because I love it there and I love that God provided a place for me to worship here in Spain!
Lesson 7: Walking down the streets here, you barely see ANYONE on the phone or texting. Sometimes you see someone talking on the phone, but definitely not texting. It's such a drastic change from home b/c like EVERYONE walks around messing with their phone. I think it's better this way though, because then no one has accidents from running into things...like pillars :-) hahaha!
Lesson 8: I think going to the grocery store is like a daily thing here. My Senora buys fresh bread pretty much every day. At home, we never go to the store for fresh baguettes! I guess Spaniards love their fresh food :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well dear niece if you keep walking you'll work off that food. Keep hiking to your favorite shopping spots. The hours have to be tough, though, for school. You can't stay uo with the 4am party people and make it toclass can you! Hugs, Keith and Pam
ReplyDelete