Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Here!!!!

Whew! Three flights down, and I'm finally in Seville! It feels great to actually be here. It has been an extremely long and tiring day, going from Chicago, to Germany, to Barcelona, and then on to Seville. I'm hoping the jet lag will wear off in a few days, though. Not much to say now, besides that I'm feeling overwhelmed by all of the newness of this experience. There is so much to adjust to: the time difference, the people, the language, the food (which has been pretty good so far), the city, etc, but I'm looking forward to asimilating into the culture here. I'll be acting like a Spanaird in no time! To act like a Spanaird, I'll constantly be needing to learn important information about life here, which will lead to my list of practical, but humorous lessons that I learn along the way :-)

Lesson #1: I don't think all Europeans believe in deoderant because I smelled plenty of BO on the plane and I'm not okay with that. Hahaha! I'm sure its just their culture, but I'm going to have to get used to it :-)

Lesson #2: I was very shocked at how different the toilets are here. When I first used a European toilet I was so intrigued that I had to share the news with one of my friends... he thought I was weird.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safe Erin! Love that you're doing a blog as well. I remember the interesting European toilets when I was out there. Made me nervous to flush for the first time. Also remember the BO issues, you'll have to get use to that one.

    Good luck catching up on sleep and can't wait to read your new posts.

    Wally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin soak it all up! You are going to have a BLAST!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you arrived safely. It's a great idea to start this blog as, before you know it, you will forget what was different! You will grow accustomed to all the changes very quickly. In the meantime, enjoy the experiences you are having. What an opportunity!


    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you. Wish i had been well enough to see you off. Sorry about those two Hope students killed in the plane crash. Did you know them? I'll stay in touch dear niece! Hugs, Uncle Keith and Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its Europe missy! When those streets were designed and built they were intended for horse and mule pulled carts. That is why so many European cities have cars dring on the sidewalks. Bealert when you walk! Hugs, Uncle Keith

    ReplyDelete